Rate this topic
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

18 posts in this topic
Mark
hi my name is mark

227 posts 8 threads Joined: Dec 2018
12-30-2018, 10:33 PM -
Watch the video here:

If you have any issues or need help, feel free to open a new post!
Do not reply to this post. I will make fun of you.

Prerequisites

You will need an 8GB+ USB drive, and you'll need to download the following: Any other kexts you may need can be found here.

Step 1 - Download macOS 10.14 Mojave

First you will need to download macOS Mojave from the Mac App Store. Do not download it from any other location as you can't verify if it's legit or malicious.

Step 2 - Format USB Drive in Disk Utility

First, plug in your USB drive, then open Disk Utility. Disk Utility can be found in /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility.app.

In here, click onto the Sidebar Menu Options button, and select "Show All Devices".

Then, click onto your USB Drive (not the partition, but the drive itself).

Now click the "Erase" button, and set everything to match the screenshot below. Then click "Erase".

If erasing the drive fails, redo this step another few times.
Disk Utility is garbage nowadays.

Step 3 - createinstallmedia Command

First plug in your 8 GB+ USB drive, then open Terminal and type in the following command:

Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB/

Type in your password when promoted.
Note: you won't see any indication of your password being typed in.

Type "Y", followed by pressing enter on your keyboard. This will start the copying of the installer files to your flash drive. It can take quite a few minutes to finish the the process, so be patient.

(lol, patience with hackintosh?)

Step 4 - Customize Clover

Open up the Clover installer package and click "Continue" twice. Then, click on "Change Install Location..." and change it to your USB drive.
(When you finish installing Mojave to your drive, you will need to install Clover to your main drive.)
Then, select the options that are listed below:

Install Clover Preference Pane is optional! If you ask me about this, I will roast you BIG TIME.
You only need it once you finish installing macOS and are installing Clover to your main drive.

Step 5 - Install config.plist & Required Kexts

Open up the EFI partition (location: /Volumes/EFI/), and navigate to "EFI", then to "CLOVER". Here, you'll want to replace the config.plist file with either my blank one, or with your own.

Then, navigate to the "kexts" folder, then to "Other". In here, you'll want to drop in the required Kexts as well as any other Kexts you need for your system.

These are the required Kexts: You can find other Kexts for your system here, such as Ethernet Kexts.

Congratulations! This is the end.

If you've gotten this far and have had no issues at all, that's good. You can now boot your computer to this drive and install macOS Mojave on a SEPARATE PARTITION from your main partition. Do not install Mojave on your main partition, or else you're most likely going to encounter issues and may not be able to recover from.

If you have any issues or need help, feel free to open a new discussion. Don't reply to this one!
Post responsibly.
This post was last modified: 07-07-2019, 09:12 PM by Mark.
hi guys welcome back to my roblox tutorial.
SomethinLikeDis
Super Moderator

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Jan 2019
01-29-2019, 05:41 PM -
BuT WiLl iT WoRk WiTh Sd CaRd
Faggot
Baguette Baker

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Jan 2019
02-20-2019, 04:54 AM -
(01-29-2019, 05:41 PM)SomethinLikeDis Wrote: BuT WiLl iT WoRk WiTh Sd CaRd

Of course it will xD
SD Card for life
acbionic

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Mar 2019
03-15-2019, 08:18 AM -
WHen i try the terminal thing I get this message,
Last login: Fri Mar 15 10:12:05 on ttys000
Aarons-Air:~ aaronbrown$ sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB/
Password:
sudo: /Applications/Install macOS Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia: command not found
Aarons-Air:~ aaronbrown$
i'm on a 2017 mac book air
Mark
hi my name is mark

03-17-2019, 12:46 PM -
(03-15-2019, 08:18 AM)acbionic Wrote: WHen i try the terminal thing I get this message,
Last login: Fri Mar 15 10:12:05 on ttys000
Aarons-Air:~ aaronbrown$ sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB/
Password:
sudo: /Applications/Install macOS Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia: command not found
Aarons-Air:~ aaronbrown$
i'm on a 2017 mac book air
Is the macOS Mojave app in the applications folder?
Lamparas

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Mar 2019
03-20-2019, 01:56 AM -
do you need a mac or its possible with pc?
Mark
hi my name is mark

03-22-2019, 08:41 PM -
(03-20-2019, 01:56 AM)Lamparas Wrote: do you need a mac or its possible with pc?

You can use a macOS virtual machine on Windows to create the drive. Though, the best solution would be to use a Mac.
ovnel
Account not Activated

1 posts 0 threads Joined: May 2019
05-21-2019, 06:25 PM -
Mine just shows an Apple logo when I try booting into it using Clover and nothing happens. Not even a progress bar, just an Apple logo for eternity.
Mark
hi my name is mark

05-23-2019, 09:38 PM -
(05-21-2019, 06:25 PM)ovnel Wrote: Mine just shows an Apple logo when I try booting into it using Clover and nothing happens. Not even a progress bar, just an Apple logo for eternity.
Please make a new post with the specs of your system and the issue.
scratchhtt

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Jun 2019
06-10-2019, 01:26 PM -
Received following error when executing the command in terminal:
Erasing disk: 0%... 10%... 20%... 30%... 100%

Copying to disk: 0%...

Error: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=512 "“BaseSystem.dmg” couldn’t be copied to “SharedSupport”." UserInfo={NSSourceFilePathErrorKey=/Applications/Install macOS Mojave.app/Contents/SharedSupport/BaseSystem.dmg, NSUserStringVariant=(

Copy

), NSDestinationFilePath=/Volumes/Install macOS Mojave/Install macOS Mojave.app/Contents/SharedSupport/BaseSystem.dmg, NSFilePath=/Applications/Install macOS Mojave.app/Contents/SharedSupport/BaseSystem.dmg, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fb6b15de1d0 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=6 "Device not configured"}}The copy of the installer app failed.

i had the macOS Mojave Patcher running. closed that, retried, and it worked.