I am stuck at the boot from the USB
Started by Chris

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
Chris

3 posts 1 threads Joined: Mar 2019
03-03-2019, 07:04 PM -
I am having a problem booting into the USB to install mac OS MOJAVE. I have followed the tutorial and I have included necessary kexts. I think the problem lies with the graphics configuration because the apple logo appears and the progress bar gets about 3/4 the way done and then the screen goes black and no signal is displayed to the monitor.

My hardware is:
MSI B250 Mortar Arctic
16GB ballistix ddr4 2400
i7-7700
AMD sapphire Rx vega 64
240gb ssd

I will include my Clover folder below. If you need anything else from me i will provide it. If anyone is able to help me that would be great and I would appreciate it very much.

Attached Files
.zip   CLOVER.zip (Size: 1.49 MB / Downloads: 69)
Mark
hi my name is mark

235 posts 8 threads Joined: Dec 2018
03-03-2019, 11:13 PM -
Hey, remove FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext and add Lilu.kext.
hi guys welcome back to my roblox tutorial.
Chris

03-04-2019, 03:09 AM -
I do not have the fakepcIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext in the clover folder and I do not know where to download Lilu.kext. I found a github for lilu but it is about patching it into macOS. Here is the link. https://github.com/acidanthera/Lilu Is this the correct place to get Lilu and should I follow his instructions on there?

Ok I added Lilu.kext from here https://github.com/acidanthera/Lilu/releases opened the zip file and added it to the kexts folder in the refi clover folder and I seem to be getting the same issue still. I took picture of verbose mode right before the screen goes black and it does not complete. I have an ntfs drive (old windows drive) that I left plugged in to install macOS to once I get it booted up. I also tried with the drive disconnected just to see and it still did not work. Do you have any other suggestions?

Also thank you so much for the reply.

Attached Files
.zip   pictures for forum.zip (Size: 5.32 MB / Downloads: 61)
Mark
hi my name is mark

03-04-2019, 10:17 AM -
Send your EFI again. Also, what display connection are you using?
Chris

03-04-2019, 03:19 PM -
I am using a display port connection from the graphics card to the monitor. I watched this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmAgsjzJLRs&t=316s)
This video perplexed me because they did not use any of the kexts that I have included except for one. They also had no problem with anything working our of the box. I think there may be something wrong also in my config.plist.
Thank you for your help!

Attached Files
.zip   EFI.zip (Size: 1.94 MB / Downloads: 45)
Mark
hi my name is mark

03-06-2019, 01:32 PM -
You're only supposed to have FakeSMC.kext installed, not the other FakeSMC kexts. Try removing the others and see if it boots. If it doesn't, install Lilu and WhateverGreen.